The ASUS PCE-AC68 is a new 802.11ac Wi-Fi PCI Express adapter which upgrades your desktop from tangle-some Ethernet cables to carefree industry-leading 802.11ac at up to 1.3Gbps. Plus, the stylish external magnetized antenna base gives you more flexibility in adjusting antenna placement to get the best signal reception quality possible.
- Fastest Wi-Fi standard: 802.11ac
- The PCE-AC68 uses Broadcom's new 5th generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac
chipset to reach speeds of up to 1.3Gbit/s through the 5GHz band, which
is three times faster than 802.11n Wi-Fi. At the same time, it maintains
full backward compatibility with all previous Wi-Fi protocols, providing
high performance two-way transmission while ensuring a smooth transition
to 802.11ac and seamless interconnection with existing devices.
- Next-generation Wi-Fi on both bands
- Broadcom TurboQAM hardware integrated on the PCE-AC68 brings the
speed benefits of next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz
bands. At 600Mbit/s and 1.3Gbit/s respectively, they turn the PCE-AC68
into a formidable AC1900 wireless adapter, providing speeds that cannot
be bettered by generic wireless adapters. Connect the PCE-AC68 to ASUS
networks to attain the very highest possible Wi-Fi speeds.
- Extend and strengthen your wireless connection
- ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless device connectivity
using precise directional signal amplification for extended coverage,
increased data-throughput speed, and enhanced stability.
Wi-Fi-connection strength varies based on your environment, so the
PCE-AC68 intelligently detects wireless router locations and 'shapes'
data transmissions using three external antennas and high-powered
beam-packing assuring the fastest stable connection.
- No more dead zones with 150% the coverage
- Powerful two-way transmission and a signal-boosting high-gain design
give the PCE-AC66 improved two-way transmission that extends Wi-Fi range
and coverage by up to 150% compared to generic client devices. This
extended reach means the elimination of dead spots at any location,
offering fast and uninterrupted HD streaming and smooth multiplayer
gaming wherever you may be.
- Flexible extended antenna placement
- The three detachable antennas of the PCE-AC68 can be placed remotely
via bundled extension cables. A magnetized stand also comes in the box,
which can easily attach to various surfaces for more placement options.
By making the antennas mobile, the design offers more flexibility in
choosing locations for better signal reception and quality.
- Stylish aluminum heatsink handles heat for extra stability
- The added heatsink uses highly-conductive aluminum to remove heat
from the chipset, ensuring greater reliability for non-stop operation.
Lower temperatures translate into a more stable device in all climate
conditions, even during hot summers, and greater stability means more
consistent connectivity and longer product lifespan. Plus, the heatsink
has been crafted for a stylish look, once more showing ASUS always goes
beyond the spec.
- Network Standard
- Operating Frequency
- Operation Channel
- 11 for N. America, 13 Europe (ETSI)
- Product Segment
- AC1750 ultimate AC performance; 450+1300Mbps
- Data Rate
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac : downlink up to 1300Mbps, uplink up to 1300Mbps
- Output Power
- ac mode : 18 ~22 dBm
- b mode : 22 dBm
- g mode : 19 ~22 dBm
- n mode : 18 ~22 dBm
- 64QAM, 16QAM, CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, OFDM
- Wireless configuration
- connection management
- connection profile setup
- 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK
- 103.3 x 68.9 x 21 mm (WxDxH)
- Operating Temperature: 0 įC to 40 įC ( įF to ļF)
- Storage Temperature: -20 į to 65 į C ( įF to įF)
- Operating Humidity: 10 % to 90 % (Non-condensing)
- Storage Humidity: 10 % to 90 % (Non-condensing)
- OS Support
- Windows 8 , 32bit/64bit
- Windows 7 , 32bit/64bit
- Windows Vista , 32bit/64bit
- Windows XP , 32bit/64bit